The Applied Psychology Program was developed with the values that a deep theoretical learning must be combined with a rich and rewarding real-world field experience to give you the credentials and confidence you need to pursue your career vigorously and with success.
The success of our students has resulted in the Program growing to include over 250+ approved internship sites in Chicago and the suburbs in all areas of applied psychology. As the Program’s reputation has grown, we are now being actively pursued by community organizations throughout Chicagoland. Community supervisors consistently rate students as superior and excellent interns.
The program delivers upwards of 40,000 hours of community service to our region each year. Our sites include:
- Agencies in mental health, developmental disabilities, autism, community prevention, substance abuse, after school programs and services for the homeless.
- Hospital systems, rehab hospitals, and many community-based mental health and social service agencies.
- Human resources, training and development and other psychological aspects of business.
- Forensic sites including the State’s Attorney’s office, children’s advocacy centers for sexually and physically abused children, unaccompanied minors, and adult and juvenile probation centers.
- Domestic violence shelters, as well as community centers that support women, children, and the family and advocacy center for survivors of sexual assault.
- Culturally competent agencies serving LGBTQ, Native American, African American, Latino, Asian American and Arab American communities.